Recipe by Quirky Little Miss
Couldn't seem to find a recipe I liked so I made my own and thus far all my friends have enjoyed it, hope you do too. Also its really important to use freshly shredded/grated parmesan, nothing pre-shredded/grated will melt correctly and it will be grainy and lumpy.
Top Review by glaereldunari
I looked all over www.foodnetwork.com for this recipe and not one person had this recipe. Thank you so much for adding this! You made me a food.com person! I love this because it is simple and delicious, and oh yea made with white wine. Prolly my favorite part haha. Anyways, thank you so much!!!
- 236.59 ml heavy whipping cream
- 354.88 ml grated or shredded " fresh parmesan cheese
- 78.07 ml white wine (what every you like, although I find Chardonnay works the best, Kendall-Jackson or J. Lohr are my fa)
- 1-2 garlic clove, pressed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In medium sauce pan heat heavy whipping cream over medium low heat stirring occationally. (Do NOT let it boil.) Depending on your stove 5-15 minutes.
- 2. Add pressed garlic and mix well, slowly add parmesan cheese while constantly stirring.
- 3. Slowly mix in white wine while stirring, then add salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat a little let sit stirring occassionally for 6-8 minutes.
- 4. Let cool slightly and serve over fettucini or linguini.
- **I like to add 1 lb. grilled chicken and 2 cups steamed broccoli to the sauce before I serve it. Also I top with extra parmesan cheese. But it's of course optional!