Recipe by FloridaNative
The large white radish is an indispensable ingredient of a typical Bavarian Brotzeit (hearty snack), which many outdoor beer gardens still allow their patrons to bring along. For that occasion, the radish is simply cut into very thin slices and sprinkled with a bit of salt. Here is the recipe for radish salad, a Bavarian classic that requires minimum preparation. From Epicurious 2004 (by Nadia Hassani, "Spoonfuls of Germany" and posted for ZWT6.
Top Review by Dienia B.
ok this is about simple really good to snack on , i yoused balsamic vinegar really good zaar tour 6 i have a radish called german giant its the best kind of radish to grow ive found works great with this
- 1 large white radish
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, plus
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- you can substitute canola oil for vegetable oil