Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
From PILCookbooks.com. Cooking with Beer.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mild white fish fillets, such as roughy
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup brown ale
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook fish 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and cook through; set aside.
- Cook Ale in a small sauce pan over high heat 10 minutes, or until reduced to 1 tablespoon; remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Add butter. When butter is melted, add shallot; cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove fro heat; add Ale, swirling to mix and pour over reserved fish.