Recipe by Tthom64
This recipe comes from "Recipes Even I Can Cook" by Whitney Thomason that I downloaded from lulu.com (http://stores.lulu.com/whitney). I've never tasted anything like it. It's my husband's new favorite. Just wanted to share.
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1 cup green onion, and tops chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, snipped or 1 tablespoon slightly less dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) canschopped clams, drained reserving juice
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and oil in a skillet.
- Remove 2 Tbsp for use later.
- In remaining butter and oil, sauté onions until tender-crisp. Add parsely, oregano, basil, garlic, half and half, and about ¼-1/2 cup clam juice depending on desired thickness. Salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes. If sauce is too thin, add 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1 tsp water. Simmer until sauce is thickened slightly. Add clams and tomatoes. Keep sauce hot.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti to package directions. Drain. Return spaghetti to kettle in which it was cooked.
- Add reserved 2 tbsp butter and oil.
- Sprinkle with about ¼ cup parmesan cheese and toss to coat evenly.
- Blend in half the sauce, pass remaining sauce separately when serving.