Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
2009 Christmas with Southern Living
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix (Duncan Hines)
- 3⁄4 cup cream of coconut
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup lemon curd (Dickinson's)
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefrozen grated coconut, thawed
- maraschino cherry, with stems
- lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients and 1/2 cup water in a big bowl; beat on low speed with an electric mixer 1 minute.
- Increase speed to medium, and beat 1 1/2 minutes.
- Spread batter into a greased and floured 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Remove pan to a wire rack; spread lemon curd over hot cake.
- Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack (cake will sink slightly in the center).
- Microwave white chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl on HIGH for 1 minute or until melted, stirring after 30 seconds.
- Stir in sour cream; cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Beating whipping cream and powdered sugar in a big bowl on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add in white chocolate mixture, and beat at low speed just until combined.
- Spread whipped cream topping over cake; sprinkle with coconut.
- Cover and chill 8 hours; garnish each serving with a cherry and lemon zest.
- Store in the refrigerator.