Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Elegant candies for a wonderful gift, or a special presentation for dessert. Super easy and 1 batch makes a bunch.
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (toasted)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 8 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup shredded toasted coconut
- In a food processor, grind almonds finely.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan, add cream and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in white chocolate. Let stand till softened, stir till smooth. Add almond extract and ground almonds. Chill for 2 hours covered with plastic wrap.
- On a cookie sheet, toast coconut in a 350° oven, tossing frequently till golden. Let stand to cool.
- Remove chocolate mixture from fridge, and shape into 18 balls (I use a 1 Tablespoon scoop for this). Roll immediately in toasted coconut and chill.
- These must be stored in the refrigerator.
- Note: To toast almonds, place on cookie sheet and toast in oven at 350° till you start to smell them, that is a true indicator that they are toasted just right.
Easy to work with and really yummy. Worked it to make 85 truffles and it turned out great. They look really pretty too with the toasted coconut! Looks like you got them at an expensive chocolate shop. Will make these again!