Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ohhhh So Good! A local candy company makes these... this is my easy and delicious version!
- 1 cup dry roasted macadamia nuts
- 20 vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup white chocolate (really good quality)
- In a saucepan, cook the Vanilla Caramels and 1 tbsp of Water on LOW until Caramels have melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in Macadamia Nuts.
- Drop by tablespoons onto parchment paper.
- Allow candies to set (approx 20 minutes).
- Melt White Chocolate over a double boiler, stirring often (this will burn quickly if not watched!).
- Spoon or drizzle White Chocolate over the candies and allow to firmly set (approx 2 hours).
- Wrap individually for gift giving or store at room temperature in an air tight container (do not refridgerate!).
TO DIE FOR! I used home made caramels, recipe 50667, added all chew ingredients to small amount of caramel mass before it had set.
Made these for the Christmas cookie tray. They were all gone in minutes. next time I'll have to double the recipe!
Made these tonight to go on my cookie trays this year. I ended up using 24 Kraft caramels and adding 1/2 tbsp vanilla to them. Instead of melting the caramels with water, I used 1 tbsp milk. I had to use vanilla bark coating instead of the white chocolate because that's what I had on hand. They were easy to throw together and they taste really good with the vanilla coating spooned over the top. I think my family and friends are going to be very impressed. Thank you for posting!