Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
My sister found this in an issue of Chocolatier Magazine when she was 19 and has made it for so long she knows the recipe backwards! We're all happy about that, because this is fabulous! Slather it on homemade crumb cake for a breakfast fit for royalty!
- 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup skinned hazelnuts, toasted and ground
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the white chocolate in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a small, heavy saucepan over moderate heat, bring the cream to a boil.
- Remove pan from heat and pour the cream over the chocolate, shaking the bowl to immerse the chocolate completely.
- Let stand for 1 minute, then beat with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Blend in the ground hazelnuts and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate until of spreading consistency, about 1 hour.
- *Cashewsmake a super variation!