Recipe by crispychick
I haven't tried these but I thought they looked good. (I wonder would it not be easier to shape these into logs and slice off the rounds?)
- 12 tablespoons butter, room temp
- 6 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, grated small
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter in electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add cheeses and beat well. Sift flour, salt and pepper together in seperate bowl. Using your hands, quickly mix flour and butter mixture together without overworking. If dough remains crumbly; stir in 2 T ice water. Gather dough into a ball, quarter dough, shape each piece into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Roll dough to 1/16" and using a 1 1/2" cookies cutter, cut about 30 rounds and transfer to a parchment paper lined cookie sheet about 1/2" apart. Repeat.
- Bake crackers until puffed and golden 6-8 minute Let cool completely before placing in an airtight container; where they will keep for up to a month.