Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Whisky Rarebit recipe from Food.com.
- Melt 1 oz of butter in a saucepan and add 6 oz of grated, mature Cheddar cheese, 1 tablespoon of Scotch whisky, a dash of English mustard and a seasoning of salt and pepper.
- Stir over a low heat until the mixture has melted and is smooth.
- **Do not overheat or the cheese becomes oily**.
- Draw off the heat and stir in 1 egg yolk. Using a metal spoon fold in the egg white stiffly beaten.
- Spoon over four slices of hot toast. Place under the grill and the rarebit mixture will puff up and brown beautifully.