Recipe by IngridH
From Cooking Light, December 08. This marinade is enough for 10 tenderloin steaks, so a great recipe for company! Cooking time does not include marinating time of 2 hours.
Top Review by breezermom
I used this marinade for 1 large tenderloin steak. I cut the marinade down by 1/4. This was perfect. I didn't have any problems with flare-ups on the grill. Marinated for 3 hours, and my steak was delicious. I'm not sure if there is enough marinade for 10 steaks, as 1/4 was good for 1 steak. But I tend to cut my steaks thick! Thanks for sharing.
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 beef tenderloin steaks, 1 1/4 inches thick
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the bourbon, brown sugar, Worcestershire, cumin and garlic in a zip top bag.
- Add the steaks to the bag, gently massage the marinade into the steaks, making sure that all are covered.
- Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Heat a grill pan (or your BBQ) to medium high. If using a grill pan, coat it with cooking spray so the steaks don't stick.
- Cook the steaks on each side for about 4 minutes, or until done to your liking.
- Remove from the pan and cover with foil, let rest for 5 minutes before serving.