Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious dessert, very quick and easy to make. It comes from from Jennifer Paterson,(Two Fat Ladies), who, I believe, was given it by a rabbi. You could use brandy or rum if preferred - all three are good.It is equally delicious whichever you use.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 (1/2 ounce) packet gelatin
- 6 -8 fluid ounces boiling water
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 (15 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 6 -8 fluid ounces whiskey
- Mix the cocoa, instant coffee and gelatine together, then dissolve completely in the boiling water.
- Combine the two tins of milk and stir in the whiskey and the gelatine mixture.
- Pour into a bowl or mould and leave set in the fridge.
- Turn out when ready and serve with crunchy sweet biscuits- brandy snaps would be excellent if available.