Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Denver Post
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder (Medaglia d'Oro is excellent)
- 1⁄2 cup water, hot
- 1⁄2 cup condensed milk, sweetened
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Dissolve espresso powder in hot water.
- Allow to cool to room temperature. (The quickest way is to mix the ingredients in a small metal bowl and swirl.)
- Combine cooled espresso mixture, sweetened condensed milk and ice in a blender.
- Blend on high for one minute until no visible chunks of ice are left.
- Serve with a spoon and a straw.
- Makes 2 tall or 4 short drinks.
Great refreshing cappuccino recipe! Would be great on a hot summers day after working in the garden. I can visualize serving this drink to friends on my deck. I drizzled chocolate syrup on top of the foam. This recipe was tagged in the Comfort Cafe's Jan. '09 tag game.