Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
An "eggier" chicken salad. Good for using up dyed Easter eggs or maybe you just like more eggs.
- 3 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion (both white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh curly-leaf parsley
- Add cubed chicken to a large bowl.
- Shell the boiled eggs and chop them coarsely.
- Add eggs to the chicken along with the celery, green onion, and pickle relish; toss to mix.
- Add in the mayonnaise; toss gently to coat; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill for several hours.
- Right before serving, sprinkle with chopped parsley.
This is a yummy salad. I had never had egg in chicken salad before so this recipe intrigued me. It was a very good combination. I liked that this was a basic, simple, and tasty salad. Thanks!
Had some tasty, left-over rotissary chicken, and all the other ingredients. Just used 3 large eggs -- and Fat-Free Miracle Whip. Did use the sweet relish, but I prefer dill, and will use that next time. We had some mixed olives from the olive bar, and plain pita crisps for lunch. We enjoyed this rare treat and will have again soon. Thanks for posting, ratherbeswimming
Very tasty chicken/egg salad. I used leftover grilled chicken and it worked out great. I served with cherry tomatoes and black seedless grapes. Great lunch! Thanks so much for posting!!