When Chilies Attack: Jalapeno-Cilantro Salsa
- Roast the jalapenos either by charring the chilies over an open flame or broiling them until blackened on all sides. Place chilies in a paper bag and seal. Let sweat for 15 minutes.
- Peel, seed (and devein if desired) the chilies; mince finely.
- In a small, non-reacitive bowl combine the chilies with the olive oil and fresh cilantro. Stir in the lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cover salsa and let stand at room temperature.
- Can be prepared up to 6 hours in advance. Use sparingly.
- The United States' Government has declared this salsa a weapon of mass destruction.