Recipe by Sharon123
Eat this crunchy cereal for breakfast and get your essential fats and protein, both which help keep your hunger at bay during a busy day! Feel free to add additional dried fruits. From the California Walnut folks.
Top Review by weekend cooker
This was a great snack for us tonight, with plenty left for the weekend. The honey flavor is excellent in this. Will be keeping this one. Very enjoyable. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 7 cups bite size shredded whole wheat cereal
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Spray a large, shallow baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl toss together shredded wheat and walnuts; set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt, if using.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and toss thoroughly to combine.
- Spread evenly in the prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring two or three times, until the mixture is lightly toasted. If it seems damp, it will crisp as it cools.
- Cool completely, then add the dried fruit.
- Store in an airtight container.