Roasted Caramelized Pears With Spiced Walnut Granola
- Ready In:
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus 1/2 cup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (Grass Fed if available)
- 4 small pears, peeled, cored and halved through the stem
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (or frozen)
- 1⁄2 orange, rind of, juice and an
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2⁄3 cup natural yogurt
- 4 -5 sprigs mint
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl stir to combine the walnuts, rolled oats, chili powder, salt, 1 tablespoon maple syrup and olive oil. Spread evenly onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes turning twice for a golden crunch. Remove and allow to cool.
- In a large oven safe sauté pan, melt butter over medium high heat. Place pears in pan, cut side down, and cook until golden and caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Add cranberries, 1/2 cup maple syrup, juice and zest of 1/2 orange and allspice to the pan. Transfer to the oven and bake or 30 minutes or until cooked through. Turn the pears half way through the baking time and baste with pan juices.
- Spread yogurt onto a serving plate or platter and top with pears and cranberries. Sprinkle spiced walnut granola over the pears and drizzle with orange maple pan sauce. Garnish with mint sprigs to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food, cooking, surfing, wine, travel and fitness is what chef Dan Churchill lives for. Born in Sydney, Australia, Dan now resides in New York City where his mission is to make people happy through food.