Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've not made this one but found it in a recipe box and it looks great.
- 1 cup buttermilk (slightly warmed)
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- Your breadmaker may require a little less liquid, start with only 1/8 cup water instead of the 1/4 cup listed in the recipe.
- Check the dough ball while it is kneading and add more liquid, one teaspoon at a time, if necessary.
- Put ingredients into your breadmaker according to manufacturer's directions.
- Baking time is however long your machine takes.
- To make a softer crust, put the finished loaf of bread into a plastic bag while still warm.
Very yummy bread - loved the flavour! Like the other reviewer, I found it didn't rise as much as I would have expected, though it was very airy in texture. I suspect I'll tinker with this little gem a bit! Made for Veg*n Swap 9. Thanks!
Great bread. I baked it in the machine(I usually use my oven but it was hot day).I used White Whole Wheat bread flour for the usual bread flour.I think that is why it didn't rise as much.But it is excellent;has a nutty taste. We made garlic bread that is the best; you have to try it.Thanks for posting another one of your great recipes Annacia. Rita