1/2 Photos of Western Mac & Cheeseburger Pasta
A western version of the Mac & Cheeseburger pasta that I posted earlier. This tastes like a Western Whopper from Burger King!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ounces bacon, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces macaroni or 8 ounces shell pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup French-fried onions
- 1 -2 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup pickle, finely chopped
- barbecue sauce, to taste
- 1Over medium-high heat, fry the bacon until the fat renders and the bacon becomes crispy (transforming into bacon bits), about 8-10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, set aside and let drain on a paper towel.
- 2Using the bacon fat still in the pan, brown the ground beef. When meat is no longer pink, drain and then add salt, pepper, garlic powder & Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 2-3 more minutes, or until beef is cooked to your liking. I like making it kind of crispy, so I cook longer. Set aside and keep warm.
- 3In a large saucepan, cook your pasta according to package directions. Al dente is best as you don't want the mac & cheese mushy. Once pasta is done, drain but do not rinse.
- 4Return the warm pasta to the saucepan, and immediately add the butter, yogurt, and cheese. Stir until everything is well-melted, then fold in the reserved ground beef.
- 5Put pasta in bowls, and top with sesame seeds, bacon, fried onions, tomatoes, and pickles. Drizzle with a generous amount BBQ sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Western Mac & Cheeseburger Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 745.1
- Calories from Fat 378
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 137.0 mg
- Sodium 979.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 42.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: