Recipe by Acerast
This recipe is a favorite for our family at Christmas time. It was first made for us by a Welshman who had married a "Southern Belle" and was attending our church in Tennessee. What a lovely couple and what fond memories we have of them every time we indulge in these sweets.
- 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces sweetened coconut
- 3 ounces raisins
- 3 ounces glace cherries
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 dash milk
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate.
- In a small bowl beat one egg with the milk and Sherry.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Carefully (it's hot!) pour melted chocolate onto parchment paper and spread it into a rectangle about 1/2 inch thick.
- Sprinkle coconut, raisins, cherries glace evenly over the chocolate.
- Brush top of the fruited chocolate with the Sherry mixture.
- Bake for at about 20 minutes - taking care not to burn.
- Cool and refrigerate for about 3 hours.
- Cut or break into bite-sized pieces.
- It's lovely as a gift in a decorative container.