- 3 slices sourdough bread, 1-inch thick
- 5 1⁄2 ounces creme fraiche or 5 1⁄2 ounces sour cream, by weight
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3 teaspoons chili pepper jam
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast both sides of bread under broiler until lightly browned.
- Stir together remaining ingredients except chili pepper jam and worcestershire sauce.
- Spread 1 tsp chili jam on each slice of bread. Divide cheese mixture evenly between slices and spread to edges. Return to broiler until top is brown and bubbly, 2-3 minutes.
- Crisscross the top of each slice with the edge of a knife, just to cut through the crispy cheese. Sprinkle with worcestershire sauce and serve.