Recipe by ErOnur
Who cares what the correct name is- Welsh Rabbit or Welsh Rarebit? The recipe is that of my landlady in London while I was a student there (a long time ago)
- 1⁄2 kg cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup ale
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon butter
- grilled tomatoes, slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add cheese, mustard and hot sauce.
- Heat mixture while stirring until cheese melts.
- Add ale and keep on heating until liquid is nearly evaporated, stirring continuously.
- Stir in beaten egg and let harden.
- Serve immediately on toasted bread slices.
- Garnish with tomato.