Recipe by senseicheryl
This was the featured recipe today in my Weight Watchers email: Chili doesn't get any easier than this—we used well-spiced convenience foods to boost the recipe's flavor while minimizing preparation and cooking times. Notes *If you can’t find canned diced tomatoes with chipotle chilies, either use a 14.5 ounce can of plain diced tomatoes and add 1/8 teaspoon of chipotle chile powder to the mixture, or substitute a 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes with green chilies (the latter will be quite spicy). Substitute lean ground turkey for the beef if you prefer (could affect POINTS values).
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, chopped onion and bell pepper mixture
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef, uncooked (with 7% fat)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup crushed fire-roasted tomatoes, canned
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, medium heat suggested
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add garlic and frozen vegetable mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables thaw and any liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes. Add beef and cook, stirring frequently, breaking up clumps of beef with a wooden spoon, about 2 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, salt, black pepper and beans; cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until some liquid evaporates, meat is cooked through and chili thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Yield about 1 1/4 cups per serving.