This was the featured recipe today in my Weight Watchers email: Chili doesn't get any easier than this—we used well-spiced convenience foods to boost the recipe's flavor while minimizing preparation and cooking times. Notes *If you can’t find canned diced tomatoes with chipotle chilies, either use a 14.5 ounce can of plain diced tomatoes and add 1/8 teaspoon of chipotle chile powder to the mixture, or substitute a 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes with green chilies (the latter will be quite spicy). Substitute lean ground turkey for the beef if you prefer (could affect POINTS values).
My Private Note
cups of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, chopped onion and bell pepper mixture
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef, uncooked (with 7% fat)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup crushed fire-roasted tomatoes, canned
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, medium heat suggested
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add garlic and frozen vegetable mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables thaw and any liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes. Add beef and cook, stirring frequently, breaking up clumps of beef with a wooden spoon, about 2 minutes.
- 2Add diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, salt, black pepper and beans; cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until some liquid evaporates, meat is cooked through and chili thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Yield about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Weight Watchers Quick Beef and Pinto Bean Chili - Points = 6
Serving Size: 1 (509 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.8
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 70.3 mg
- Sodium 945.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 39.3 g