Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
Liven up those lingering winter days with this colorful, flavor-packed salad – great as an appetizer or side dish with chicken and fish.
- 1 lb packaged coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 10 ounces shredded red cabbage
- 16 ounces canned beets, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine slaw, cabbage and beets in a large bowl. Add mayonnaise and blue cheese and mix well. Transfer mixture to individual plates.
- Place walnuts in a small skillet over medium-high heat and cook until golden brown, shaking the pan frequently, about 2 to 3 minutes. Top plates with toasted walnuts. Yields about 1 cup per serving.