Recipe by omeomy #2
We're not big cauliflower eaters, but sometimes on chilly winter evenings this hits the spot. This recipe is flexible; lite sour cream is fine. No nutmeg is fine. Sometimes we add a little milk to make a thinner sauce an on occasion paprika is sprinkled over it prior to baking.
Top Review by Sarah
I am a big fan of cauliflower and this was such a great tasting and different recipe. I used fat free sour cream, and also used florets mainly for ease of serving when cooked. A definite keeper.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup approx sour cream
- 1 (40 g) package French onion soup mix (the dry one)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 375f (about 200c).
- Discard outer leaves and cut out the core, leaving cauliflower whole.
- Wash under running water.
- Combine soup mix, sour cream and nutmeg, set aside.
- Steam cauliflower (bottom down) for about 10-12 minutes until tender-crisp.
- With tongs or two forks transfer hot cauliflower to a buttered deep casserole dish (souffle dish is perfect).
- Pour sour cream mixture over cauliflower.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.