Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Found this in an old recipe magazine. I haven't tried this recipe yet, but am going to as soon as the summer weather hits. I think it might be nice and refreshing to serve this on a hot summer's day. Time includes chilling as you must begin this recipe the day before you need it.
- 1 small watermelon, skin on
- 118.29 ml strawberry jam
- 200 g desiccated coconut
- Cut watermelon into triangular wedges 2cm thick.
- Warm jam in a microwave for 30 seconds on high.
- Spread coconut on a plate or sheet of baking paper.
- Brush jam over the watermelon flesh, then dip each wedge in coconut.
- Place coated wedges on a baking paper-lined tray and freeze overnight.
- Serve chilled.
I enjoyed this very much as a simple dessert. I chilled mine in the fridge. Made for ZWT#9 2013 by one of the team Hot Stuff.
We liked this, but weren't overwhelmed. Made for dessert tonight. Though we liked it, thought that the strawberry overpowered the watermelon flavoring. Made for Think Pink 2012.
I cubed my watermelon and it worked just fine. Very tasty, light dessert this evening and used up the end of the watermelon!