Recipe by Tisme
Found this in an old recipe magazine. I haven't tried this recipe yet, but am going to as soon as the summer weather hits. I think it might be nice and refreshing to serve this on a hot summer's day. Time includes chilling as you must begin this recipe the day before you need it.
- 1⁄2 small watermelon, skin on
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam
- 200 g desiccated coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut watermelon into triangular wedges 2cm thick.
- Warm jam in a microwave for 30 seconds on high.
- Spread coconut on a plate or sheet of baking paper.
- Brush jam over the watermelon flesh, then dip each wedge in coconut.
- Place coated wedges on a baking paper-lined tray and freeze overnight.
- Serve chilled.