Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This shows the French influence in modern Moroccan cooking. Why not?
- 1 single pie pastry, sweet
- 1 1⁄2 lbs watermelon
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Roll out the pastry and put it in a tart pan.
- Cook blind in a preheated 350F oven.
- Cut the watermelon into cubes, lifting out the seeds.
- Whip the egg yolks with the sugar, and pour the flour in a stream into the mix, whipping all the while.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan until little bubbles form.
- Pour this onto the egg mixture, blend well, then return it to the pan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon. When it is thick like a custard cream, add stiffly beaten egg whites (from the 2 eggs).
- Fold in carefully.
- Pour this cream over the tart pastry, then distribute the watermelon pieces evenly.
- Drizzle honey over the top, and pop it into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar as soon as the cooked tart has cooled.