Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A cool soup for those hot summer nights. Sweet and savory combined with tabasco on the side for those like the heat and need more kick. *cook time is chill time*
- 6 cups watermelon, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon mint leaf, fresh
- 2 jalapeno peppers, halved, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, minced
- Tabasco sauce, to taste (optional)
- Combine melon, lime juice, honey, mint leaves, honey, jalapeno pepper, wine, and ginger in a blender, and process until mixture is smooth.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours.
- Serve in chilled bowls with tabasco sauce on the side.
A nice variety of flavors in this. Loved the flavor, and this made for a perfect soup tonight. Great combination of ingredients. Especially liked the jalapeno, and honey in this. Made for 1-2-3 hits.
I made this soup several days ago -- I prepared it in the morning and let it sit in the fridge for several hours to chill. What a delight it was to have such a light, refreshing and cold soup on that 90-degree day. I loved the mixture of watermelon and lime, and was curious what the soup would taste like with the addition of the ginger and jalapeno pepper. Well, it was delicious -- the pepper really added a wonderful flavor and balanced out the sweet ingredients in the soup, but didn't make the soup too spicy. I used white grape juice instead of the white wine, but other than that made it just as listed. So good -- I'll be making this many times again.