Recipe by Satisfied Kris
As soon as I see fresh cider at the market, I think of this recipe. Serve it for a seasonal treat. It's great and always gets compliments. Given to me by a co-worker. I serve it Oct thru Dec. on holidays and for special occasions. Liquor can be added, if desired.
Top Review by Lubie
WOW!!! This was excellent. I had family over for lunch before a big football game and I served this to get us warmed up before we went out in the cold weather for the game. It had great flavor, and was really easy to make. I've been looking for a good wassail recipe, and I think I've found the one!!!
- 6 cups apple cider
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups pineapple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat cider and cinnamon stick in a pot, bring to a boil.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients and simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Note: You can double the recipe and use a 30 cup coffee pot.
- Suggest Heat cider& cinnamon in a pot (same as above).
- Add nutmeg, honey and lemon juice.
- Pour into coffee pot, then add pineapple juice.
- Do this twice instead of doubling the recipe.
- It's easier to handle.