Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
As soon as I see fresh cider at the market, I think of this recipe. Serve it for a seasonal treat. It's great and always gets compliments. Given to me by a co-worker. I serve it Oct thru Dec. on holidays and for special occasions. Liquor can be added, if desired.
- Heat cider and cinnamon stick in a pot, bring to a boil.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients and simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Note: You can double the recipe and use a 30 cup coffee pot.
- Suggest Heat cider& cinnamon in a pot (same as above).
- Add nutmeg, honey and lemon juice.
- Pour into coffee pot, then add pineapple juice.
- Do this twice instead of doubling the recipe.
- It's easier to handle.
WOW!!! This was excellent. I had family over for lunch before a big football game and I served this to get us warmed up before we went out in the cold weather for the game. It had great flavor, and was really easy to make. I've been looking for a good wassail recipe, and I think I've found the one!!!
I made this in the crockpot and the flavor was ok. It had more citrus flavor than I liked and lacked the spiciness that traditional Wassail has. My kids liked it though. Thanks for posting.
This was great! I took sugarnspice's advice and made mine in the crockpot. My kids devoured this. I followed the recipe exactly. This will be made again for sure. Thanks so much for posting Kris!