Recipe by CaribbeanQueen
My husband and I are big fans of "sauce". We spend time together in the kitchen throwing together a variety of ingredients. For us 'the hotter, the better'! We came up with this sauce to use with fish/crab cakes but have found an endless list of other foods to use it with. This is zippy but not too hot.
Top Review by CheCheCherie
This recipe is excellent! I used prepared wasabi paste from a tube instead of the powder and did not seed the jalapeno. These alterations made a hotter sauce, with more of a dip consistency, that was even more flavorful after sitting overnight. I keep a batch in the fridge to snack on with fresh veggies, pretzels, and tortilla chips! Excellent on grilled salmon! Thanks, Carribean Queen!
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Mix in the wasabi powder, jalapeno pepper, vinegar and salt.
- Refrigerate for about 15 minutes to let the flavors develop.
- If you want more zip, add a little more wasabi, then refrigerate about 5 minutes. The wasabi will get hotter upon sitting.
- If you are watching calories, low-fat sour cream and mayonnaise won't affect the outcome of this sauce.