Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
from Radio New Zealand
- 500 g scrubbed new baby potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 500 g asparagus spears
- 1 cup of fresh mint
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cover the potatoes with salted water and simmer until tender. Put the eggs in another saucepan and simmer for 8 minutes. Snap the stalky ends from the asparagus and cook the spears in salted water for 4 - 5 minutes. Cut the mint into thin slices.
- Make a dressing by combining the orange juice and zest with the oil and salt and pepper.
- Gently combine the warm potatoes, shelled and halved boiled eggs and asparagus, with the dressing on a nice serving plate. Scatter over the mint and serve as an entrée or light lunch dish with some fresh wholemeal bread.
- (If you want to make this very luxurious you could add some slices of smoked salmon).