Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Recipe from the free sample lady at Costco, where they make really good focaccia. This recipe serves two people for a nice lunch.
- focaccia bread (enough to make 2 sandwiches)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces mortadella, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 12 fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Split the focaccia and drizzle the inside of each with the olive oil.
- Layer basil leaves, mortadella and mozzarella.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 6 minutes. Eat hot and enjoy.
Yummy! I love mortadella and am always looking for new ways to use it. This is great.