Recipe by The Flying Chef
This is a very quick and easy meal to put together, it is healthy, tastes great and also makes for a reasonably light meal. I always make more pumpkin as i like to make pumpkin soup the next day, although this time I did try a new recipe for the pumpkin which I really enjoyed I will be posting that one over the next few days. You will see from the photo I accidentally over cooked the lamb I got side tracked I much prefer my lamb quite pink in the middle.
Top Review by Ell Bee
I adjusted this recipe to suit my family likes. Swap the mixed grilled vegetable for tomatoes and avocado. I also added a little fettuccine and extra pesto. We will be having this one again.
- olive oil
- ground cumin
- 700 g butternut squash, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
- 4 lamb fillets
- 2 -4 teaspoons pesto sauce, per fillet (Depending on the size of them.)
- 290 g mixed grilled vegetables, drained, eggplant, peppers etc... (160g net)
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce, extra
- 200 g baby spinach leaves
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pumpkin pieces in a bowl drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with cumin and stir to combine.
- Either cook pumpkin on stove top, covered, over a medium heat in a fry pan or roast in the oven until tender, about 30 Min's.
- Rub 2-4 teaspoons of pesto over lamb fillets and cook until browned in both sides and done as desired. Rest and slice into strips.
- Mix 1 tablespoon pesto with the drained grilled vegetables.
- Toss spinach in the lemon juice.
- To Serve: Divide spinach among plates top with pumpkin, sliced lamb and grilled vegetables and garnish with basil leaves.