1/1 Photo of Warm Green and Yellow Squash Salad With Cranberry Vinaigrette
Here's an interesting pareve side dish for US Thanksgiving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, combine the vinegar, cranberry juice, honey and salt and white pepper to taste.
- 2Slowly add the oil and whisk until the oil is incorporated into the vinaigrette.
- 3Chop the cranberries and add them to the vinaigrette.
- 4Stir to combine. Set aside.
- 5Cut each zucchini and yellow squash in half lengthwise. Drag the tip of a spoon lengthwise along the cut half to remove the seedy core.
- 6Slice each half into 1/4-inch-thick half-moon slices. Steam the squash until the slices are just cooked through. The white flesh will start to look opaque and the slices will start to wilt. Be careful not to overcook. Transfer squash to a large bowl.
- 7Add the dressing gradually to the squash--just enough to keep the salad moist--and toss to combine. (You probably will not need all the.
- 8dressing.) Set aside for 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve immediately.
- 9Do Ahead Tip:.
- 10The squash can be sliced, covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated ahead of time. The dressing also can be made hours in advance, then whisked together again before adding to the squash.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Green and Yellow Squash Salad With Cranberry Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.5
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
unsweetened dried cranberries