Recipe by JustJanS
Submitted to Ready Set Cook #3 Prep time includes allowing the corn and chicken to soak and stand.
Top Review by ellie_
Very good and different salad that we had with corn bread and popsicles. Although all barbeques cook at different rates, this took me a lot longer to cook than the recipe stated - about 1 1/2 hours from start to finish (including prep and cook time), but the dinner was definitely worth the wait. Thanks for posting.
- 4 (150 g) chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning (or to taste)
- 2 ears corn (left in husk, and soaked in cold water for 10 minutes)
- 2 zucchini, cut on the diagonal into 1 cm thick slices
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 small red bell peppers, cut into slices 2 cm wide
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- sour cream, to serve
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1 small fresh red chile
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with the Cajun seasoning, and set aside whilst the corn is soaking.
- To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together until the sugar has dissolved.
- Char grill or BBQ the corn (turning often), and chicken for about 15 minutes (or until chicken is cooked).
- Remove from the grill, and allow to cool for a couple of minutes, then remove the husks and silk from the corn.
- With a sharp knife, cut large slices down the kernels, (so they stay intact in quite large pieces).
- Slice the chicken on the diagonal.
- Place in a bowl.
- Toss the remaining vegetables in a large bowl with the oil and salt and pepper to season.
- Cook them on the BBQ hot plate for about 2 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to pop their skins, and the other veggies are a little charred.
- Combine them with the chicken and corn, pour over the dressing and toss gently.
- Serve with sour cream on top.
- We ate this served over salad leaves, with wedges on the side.