Recipe by Enjolinfam
Deliciously fresh little tomato appetizers! Healthy too! Raw and vegan! I made these to serve at a spring tea party.
- 40 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup Italian parsley, fresh and chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup basil, fresh and chopped fine
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon garlic, raw and minced (I love garlic, so I used a Tbsp)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all ingredients besides the cherry tomatoes.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out seeds and juice and discard. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- Fill each tomato shell with about 2 teaspoons of pesto filling. Can be served chilled or at room temperature.