Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you want to make this ahead of time, don't add the avacodoes until just before serving. From Food and Wine.
- 14 ounces walnuts (2 1/4 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- more extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 10 ounces fresh goat cheese, at room temperature
- 4 small shallots, minced
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped watercress leaf
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Hass avocadoes, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 small radish
- assorted fresh vegetable, cut into sticks (such as celery, fennel and carrots, for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spread the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast for 7 minutes, or until golden.
- Transfer to a plate and let cool.
- In a food processor, working in 2 batches, pulse the walnuts until coarsely chopped.
- Add the second batch of nuts back to the food processor and pulse in the 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Do not overprocess: the pesto should be slightly chunky.
- Season with 2 teaspoons of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Transfer the pesto to a medium bowl.
- Mix in the goat cheese, shallots, watercress and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in the avocados.
- Drizzle the dip with olive oil and serve with radishes and assorted crisp vegetables.