Recipe by Valerie in Australia
This will make your mouth water...mmmm. A family recipe only made at Christmas time and past down by my mother in-law. Can be made anytime though but beware you can't stop eating ...
Top Review by Katerina
I made these last night and even my husband, who doesn't exactly LOVE walnuts (or any nuts for that matter :)), agreed that it was delicious. I made a few changes though - I only had 1/2 cup of shredded walnut left over from Christmas so I substituted the other half with some chopped hazelnuts and chocolate chips (about 1/4 cup each). I also melted some chocolate and spread it on top of the chews when they were cool. Delicious! Thank you for this recipe, Valerie, I am sure I will make it again!
- 236.59 ml flour
- 118.29 ml butter, room temperature
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 354.88 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts or 236.59 ml pecans
- 236.59 ml shredded coconut
- 1.23 ml vanilla
- 29.58 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- For Bottom Layer mix ingredients and press into 9 X 13 pan greased with butter Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- For Top: Mix ingredients together and spread on top of cooled bottom layer.
- Bake 350 F for 25 minutes till golden brown.
- Let cool till set and cut into squares.