Prep 8 mins
Cook 25 mins
Toasted walnuts and carrots are tossed with a savory honey glaze to make a tasty and easy side.
- 3 cups fresh carrots, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- Steam carrots until tender about 15 minutes.
- In a small skillet, heat butter and saute walnuts until lightly browned about 3 - 5 minutes. Add honey, seasonings and lemon juice if using. Stir well then add steamed carrots tossing gently to coat.
- Serve hot.
We absolutely loved this dish - how can you go wrong with these ingredients. DH is not as fond of carrots as I am (they are one of my all-time favs), but he loved this dish. Will be making these carrots again very soon.
Used fresh, organic lovely carrots from our CSA box to prepare this simple yet tasty side dish. I skipped the lemon juice and instead garnished with lemon wedges. Local lavender honey was the icing on the cake! Great veggie side for French Canadian beef boulettes and Objiway-style wild rice! Prepared for CQ 2015.
Excellent carrots! Even my son asked me to print this recipe out for him. We all loved it. Yummmmmmyyyyyyyy!! Going into my best of 2015 file. Thank you! Made for CQ2 - Quebec