Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got an awesome cookbook for my birthday and this was in it, i try and eat a lot of walnuts for my heart and these are a really sneaky way of getting them.
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped finely
- 80 g butter
- 150 g dark chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1⁄3 cup plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 (50 g) packets Rolo chocolates
- Preheat oven to moderate.
- Lightly grease 2 non-stick 12 hole mini muffin pans.
- Divide walnuts among holes.
- Stir butter and chocolate in small saucepan over low heat until smooth.
- Stir in sugar, cool to just warm.
- Stir in egg, then flour and cream.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Press one Rolo into centre of each quantity of mixture.
- Spread mixture so that Rolo is completely enclosed.
- Bake in oven about 15 minutes.
- Using a sharp pointed knife, loosen sides of brownies from pan, stand 10 minutes.
- Remove brownies gently from pan.
You saved my butt big-time, I can't find my AWW cookbook with this in it....Anything with rolos and dark choc is good!!! :)Smiles on ya angel, merry xmas!!