Recipe by SarasotaCook
This is a absolute fantastic side dish. Serve with some grilled steak or chicken and this is just creamy and good. I know it sounds a bit different, but it is really worth trying. The last wedding I catered I had request after request for this recipe. I don't necessarily consider this as a main dish, but a wonderful side dish.
Top Review by MaMere
Fabulous recipe. I used Orecchiette. The last 10 minutes of roasting the fennel I chopped the walnuts and roasted those along with. I used about 3/4c of the pasta water to thin the sauce...smooth, rich, creamy, a definite dish to be made often. <br/>Thank you for sharing another winning recipe gf!
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 3⁄4-1 cup ricotta cheese (no low fat)
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts (chopped fine)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped fine)
- 1 fennel bulb, thin sliced (roasted)
- olive oil (1 tablespoon or so)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fennel -- Heat the oven to 400. On a small baking sheet, line with either foil or parchment and add the fennel and drizzle with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes until it starts to brown and it begins to soften. Not too soft - you still want it slightly crisp. Remove and keep warm.
- Sauce -- Mix the walnuts, parsley, ricotta, garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pasta -- Cook according to directions. Drain and set to the side, but keep warm. Reserve a little of the pasta water to thin out the sauce just a bit.
- Combine -- In a large bowl, add the ricotta sauce and the fennel to the pasta and mix well. If you would like the sauce a bit thinner, just add a little of the pasta water. Garnish with some fresh parsley, walnuts and even fresh grated parmesan if you want. ENJOY!