Recipe by Jill L. "Margaritta Lover"
My husband fishes often and I always try to come up with new ways to prepare what he catches. This is one of our all time favorites. I was told by family and friends it is fabulous!!! The lemon dill sauce recipe I am also submiting is a wonderful compliment. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 lb walleye, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can crab
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pinch Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 dash Dijon mustard
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, to roll cakes in
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all, form into small patties(smaller for appetizers/larger for entree), roll in crumbs, put on a well greased cookie sheet. Bake in oven on top rack at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, flipping once, until golden on both sides.
- Alternative: Instead of baking, I have also greased a pan and browned the cakes on the top of the stove. Medium heat. Just cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately with lemon dill sauce on the side.