Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 4 tablespoons honey mustard
- 8 waffles, lightly toasted (such as Eggos)
- 1⁄2 lb sliced ham (deli-sliced)
- 1⁄2 lb sliced smoked turkey (deli-sliced) or 1⁄2 lb sliced honey roasted turkey breast (deli-sliced)
- 1⁄2 lb sliced swiss cheese (deli-sliced)
- 3⁄4 cup prepared cranberry sauce (whole-berry)
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add in the butter; let melt.
- Assemble the sandwiches by spreading the honey mustard on 4 of the waffles, then top with equal amounts of ham, turkey, and Swiss cheese.
- Spread the cranberry sauce liberally on the remaining 4 waffles and place them atop the sandwiches.
- Fry the assembled sandwiches in melted butter and cook for a few minutes on each side until they are deeply golden in color and the cheese melts.
Rachel Ray has never let me down. Anytime I want a fast, easy recipe that my whole family loves I turn to one of her books. This one is good with or without the cranberry sauce.