Saw a recipe similar to this at the egg beaters web site. This is my version. Very tasty and a good start to the day. I use whole grain waffels and light maple syrup.
- Line a paper plate with two layers of paper towels. Place bacon on paper towels, and place another paper towel on top. Cook bacon in microwave on high for 2 minutes Flip bacon over and cook another 1 to 2 mins or till desired donenes.
- When you flip bacon, put waffles in toaster and toast according to directions. While the waffels are toasting. Cook egg substitute in a little bit of cooking spray. When egg is almost done sprinkle in cheese.
- Lastly mix maple syrup and margarine together in a small bowl.
- If cooked as specified above, everything should be ready about the same time.
- To assemble, spread 1/2 of margarine mixture on two of the waffles. Put 1/2 of egg mixture on each "buttered" waffle. Top wih 2 slices of bacon (torn in half) and one "unbuttered" waffle. Slice in half and enjoy.