Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Rec'd this from my Aunt Mary in 1965 when I was baking and selling Christmas boxes. Oldie but still a goodie...
- 15 double graham wafers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons room temp butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 ounces melted semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup Carnation Evaporated Milk
- Mix melted butter with crushed graham crakers.
- Press into 8 inch square pan.
- Mix the coconut with the sweetned condensed milk (Eagle Brand) Pour this over the base and bake.
- 350 degrees F.
- for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven cool completely.
- Mix butter, icing powder, melted chocolate and evaporated milk, to make a frosting.
- Ice the cooled squares.
- Cut into oblong squares.
- Note: I find that there is enough icing for two cakes, (but that is my preference).