Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my best strawberry glaze. I will make this for a topping on a low-calorie to very rich cheese cake. The topping will make the cheesecake!
- 4 cups ripe strawberries, hulled
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Crush enough strawberries to make 1 cup pulp.
- Place pulp in medium saucepan; add 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium heat 2 minutes or until mixture boils, thickens and is clear.
- Remove saucepan from heat; stir in 1 tablespoon butter and lemon juice.
- Cool to room temperature.
I would highly reccomend this glaze. I doubled the recipe and used smash strawberries that had soaked in sugar all night. AMAZING! Used it for a strawberry shortcake triffle. Yummy!!
This was used with success for Fresh Strawberry Cream Cake. It tastes very good. I changed the corn starch to less tapioca starch as that is what I had on hand. Plus we are corn free. I will make this again.
im only 12 and i got so confused, but i loved it