Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a wonderful recipe that can be put on and forget about it!
- 27 ounces canned whole green chilies
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 8 eggs
- 24 ounces evaporated milk
- 8 ounces Rotel Tomatoes
- brown ground beef season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl combine flour, eggs, milk.
- Spray crock pot with non stick cooking spray.
- in bottom layer crock pot green chiles, meat, cheeses, milk mix.
- cook on low 6-8 hours.
- last 1/2 hour pour rotel tomatoes on top.
This recipe tasted as I expected, but while I followed the recipe exactly I can't help thinking I must have done something wrong. When I tried to serve the casserole there was a large pool of really unappealing liquid in the bottom of the crock, even though I drained the chilies. I am not sure what happened. If someone else can figure out what went wrong I think the recipe has a lot of potential.