Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is my Aunt Violet's recipe. It was on our table every Sunday. The recipe is very old.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Double sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Have the buttermilk at room temperature.
- Add the oil and the egg to the sifted mixture.
- Add 1/2 cup of buttermilk and stir.
- To the other 1/2 cup stir in the baking soda.
- Fold together and prepare to smile as these come off the griddle.
Forgot the oil and I used cream topped milk and whole wheat flour because that's what was in the fridge. These were EXCELLENT! Sweet cream butter, ice cold raw milk and real maple syrup completed the meal. Made for PAC Fall 2007