Prep 45 mins
Cook 3 hrs 15 mins
Best made a day ahead.
Make and share this Vintner’s Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs beef chuck, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces white pearl onions, peeled
- 1 cup red wine (Merlot)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb tiny new potatoes, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb mushroom
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven, heat the oil over med-high heat.
- Sprinkle the beef with salt and pepper; brown the beef on all sides.
- Add in the onions; cook/stir with the beef for another 3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine, scraping up any browned bits that may have stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Add in the soup mix, mushroom soup, water, potatoes, and rosemary.
- Bring the stew to a simmer; decrease heat to low, cover, and simmer until the meat is tender, 2-3 hours.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over high heat, add the mushrooms, cook/stirring, until they are golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms to the stew simmer another 15 minutes and serve.
This is very good. I followed ingredients exactly. made for Cookbook Tag 2007
I fixed this for dinner for my family and they absolutely loved it!